Position Title: FSQA Supervisor
Reports To: FSQA Manager
Supervises: FSQA Technician
Location: Seattle, WA
COMPENSATION: $66,000.00- $76,000.00 annually, DOE
The FSQA Supervisor is responsible for administering the Quality and Food Safety programs and protocols and overseeing the daily tasks of FSQA Technicians. You are accountable for leading the FSQA team in compliance to policy, regulatory standards, and business goals across the facility. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with superior technical knowledge and influencing skills, as well as a proven track record of higher-than-average results.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Review FSQA Technicians schedules, maintaining KRONOS punches for clocking in and out, and coordinating time off requests to ensure ample coverage of the floor.
- Develop and implement programs to meet MLF corporate standards for Food Safety and Quality
- Participate in cross functional SOP development, updating and implementation.
- Provide HACCP and MLF Food Safety and Quality program updates, Maintenance, verifications and function as a cross functional liaison to ensure the plant is meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for all stakeholders.
- Prepare for and support third party audits (BRC, customer, etc.)
- Review paperwork for timeliness, accuracy, and completion. Review PPC paperwork and perform daily finished product releases as needed.
- Respond to radio requests for help in FSQA Technicians absence or if there is a need for escalation.
- Create and document daily non-conformities, corrective actions, and preventative actions in QN module of SAP.
- Aid Production when issues arise with weight checks, packaging issues, quality defects, etc.
- Participate in meetings as delegated by the FSQA Manager.
- Conduct Internal Audits, report non-compliances and implement corrective/preventive actions to ensure compliance to all food safety and quality requirements.
- Conduct investigations and issue any corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
- Maintaining an attitude of continuous process improvement and training of employees at hourly and salary levels
- Administer trainings (one on one, or group training) on food safety, GMP, HACCP and other topics as necessary.
- Plan, actively engage, communicate and provide direction with respect to Quality Assurance/Food Safety and related activities in all programs such as Sanitation, BRC, Employee Relations, Health and Safety Programs etc.
- Develop a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
- Support and execute the Company’s Food Safety programs at the facility in conjunction with Operations, Maintenance, Sanitation and all other plant functional areas.
- Support and promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the plant’s Health and Safety Programs.
- Other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent food industry experience
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience leading small teams
- Understanding of the FDA regulations, Food Safety Modernization Act, Sanitation, SOP development and implementation, and GMPs
- Strong leadership skills
- 2-3 years experience in the Food industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems, experience with SAP preferred
What we have to offer you:
- Experience working in Experience working in a multi-cultural environment where English is a second language
Who we are:
- 401K with company match (available after 6 months)
- Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision
- Flexible Spending Account – Childcare, Transit and Medical available
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance available
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating. Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Greenleaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.