A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Customer Supply Chain Representative
You will be responsible for the operational execution of product movements from the point of contact for order to delivery process for an assigned customer and business unit. You will maintain strong relationships with your customers and work with cross-functional peers to execute the customer order to delivery process. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting and resolving delivery failures and managing customer penalty deductions through investigation. You will be a key contact for our Sales team, Buyer, warehouse, production planners and other logistics partners servicing Domestic markets.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What you will bring:
- Key contact for Buyer or Broker for orders, logistics and inventory flow challenges for all day-to -day activities with assigned customer and business unit
- Process orders through our order management system
- Manage customer communications on any issues related to shipments
- Collaborate with Transportation to determine the most efficient method to delivery product on time and in full to customers
- Proactively addresses out-of-stock or product shortages issues through monitoring of product resupplies and timing of outgoing orders
- Monitor shipments in transit and troubleshoot for any logistical issues to ensure that customer service levels are not impacted
- Act as a liaison with the customer for all post sale communications
- Manage requests for customer claims and returns, balancing customer requirements with day to day business objectives
- Validate claims, manage customer negotiations and hold plants/distribution accountable to address root cause along with escalating issues
- Execute and manage price discrepancy reports and create any debit/credit notes as needed
- Collaborate with Demand planning, Sales and the customer to work through any order to forecast variance
- Participate in projects/processes to resolve short and long-term customer issues or initiatives
- Develop and maintain strong customer profiles and SOP’s
- Work in conjunction with Sales Director to ensure customer strategic vision and logistical needs are met or exceeded
- Prepare short report and open order report
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of products
- Maintenance of key customer fill rate performance
- Ensure that inventory allocations are executed accurately
- Accountability and strong management of claims related to assigned accounts
- Share knowledge with the team
- Ad hoc duties as required
What we have to offer you:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience required
- 1-2 years’ experience in customer service or client support. Supply Chain, Warehouse, and/or Logistics background preferred with deep knowledge of inventory replenishment practices
- Exceptional communication skills (written/oral) with a passion for providing the highest level of client service
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and an aptitude to learn new software when required. Experience with SAP an asset.
- Outstanding ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely well-organized and be a detail-oriented team player
- Ability to take initiative and independently prioritize own work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective negotiation skills
Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package – 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, generous paid time off, paid holidays
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
Greenleaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022
and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following workplace anti-discrimination and other applicable laws.