A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based brands includes Lightlife, Field Roast , and Chao Creamery Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors and whole-food ingredients which has made it the #1 plant-based sausage brand in the country. Chao Creamery delivers indulgent and creamy plant-based cheeses, including the #1 plant-based cheese product in the U.S. Together, these brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
As a member of the Greenleaf Foods finance team the Staff Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager, Greenleaf plant finance, and Maple Leaf Finance teams to provide accurate and timely financial reporting. The position requires a highly motivated individual looking for progressive growth within the Greenleaf Foods finance team. The position is required to provide top quality, value added analysis and insight. The successful candidate must have exceptional analytical and communication skills. It will be the responsibility of the Staff Accountant to lead the month-end financial close cycle, manage internal reporting, maintain internal controls, and support the admin purchasing process.
Responsibility for month-end close:
- Preparation of monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Consolidation of legal entities
- Inter-company accounting and balancing between legal entities
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting materials
- Account reconciliation for company’s balance sheet accounts
- Management of quarter and year-end deliverables
- Monthly external reporting and filing as required to municipalities
- Tracking of corporate & state registrations
Responsibility for Greenleaf internal controls and CEO/CFO Certification:
- Preparation and performance of scheduled self-testing of internal controls
- Maintaining proper documentation for internal control backup
- Assist with audit relations with parent company internal audit department
- Performance of regularly scheduled self-testing of internal controls
Support of corporate procurement process
- Creation of purchase orders to support Sales & Marketing teams
- Communication with Accounts Payable team to follow up on payment of invoices
REQUIRED BACKGROUND & SKILLS:
- College degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1 to 4 years of manufacturing accounting experience
- Must have excellent analytical skills and be a detail-oriented person
- Superior computer skills on Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Exposure to Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) or Blackline an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills