A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and the first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Category Manager, Sales
We’re looking for a passionate, energetic and curious Category Manager to join our fast-paced environment and growing team. The Category Manager will use their passion for data and analytics to provide critical analysis to Greenleaf’s retail customers, management and internal teams. This person will help expand our category management efforts and have the opportunity to apply their unique fact–based perspectives to shape the future of plant-based food.
What you will do:
- Bring a fact-based approach to Greenleaf and provide recommendations to customers and the business grounded in deep category knowledge. Expertise in Syndicated, Shopper, Shelving data and tools
- Build persuasive and impactful category selling stories to support our retail sales efforts
- Support pricing, promotion and assortment recommendations using POS and shopper data
- Serve as a data expert and ensure shopper and category insights are applied across the organization
- Partner with our marketing and product development teams to provide category and shopper based insights that inform future innovation launches
- Show up each day with a genuine passion for learning and teaching with our organization on plant-based category accelerated growth
What you will bring:
- 3+ years of CPG category management and retail sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-growing and high energy environment
- Passion for our brands and our Company’s mission to be the most sustainable protein company on earth
- Self-starter that demonstrates a hunger for partnership, learning & success
- A team player that will roll their sleeves up to get the job done
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What we have to offer you:
- The opportunity to build a more sustainable future by changing the way people eat protein!
- Professional and career development opportunities as part of a growing organization
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k plan
Greenleaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022
and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following workplace anti-discrimination and other applicable laws.