A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that’s paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Key Account Sales Manager, West Coast
Key Account Sales Manager, West Coast, is responsible for driving sales and delivering revenue objectives at key west coast accounts including HEB, Smart & Final, Raley’s, Stater Brothers, DPI and others. The role is accountable for building business across multiple categories, growing existing sales and gaining new distribution in the Plant-Based arena. Key elements include top line strategy development, profitable growth, and fostering senior level relationships at accounts.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead:
- Responsible for building, managing and achieving financial results at assigned customers
- Create and implement strategic account plans to drive sales
- Influence retailers through fact-based presentations to deliver results beneficial for both customer and Greenleaf
- Develop strong relationships across all levels of leadership at assigned customers
- Lead negotiations for business planning, new items presentations, and other key initiatives.
- Run the customer planning process, trade planning & reporting, and volume forecasting for assigned accounts
- Manage relationships with distributor networks to maximize brand awareness and sales performance
- Develop and execute custom co-marketing programs with retailers
- Manage, develop & partner with assigned brokers to execute promotional planning, trade system accuracy, customer administrative duties and selling materials.
What we have to offer you:
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum 5 years related industry experience with CPG company
- Proven experience and strong understanding of channel dynamics, relationships required
- Past work experience with serving major customers is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of category management/shopper insights practices and principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Exceptional leadership, presentation, strategy development, communication and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of sales success including exceeding sales targets and strategic alignment with retailers
- Strong understanding of P&L dynamics
- Strategic channel insights and ability to drive effective customer and channel planning processes
- Knowledge of industry Category Management processes & systems (POS, HH Panel, Spectra, etc.)
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated analytical, collaborative and consultative abilities
- Ability to travel ~40% of time
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Welfare plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees