Come join our team!
We are hiring Food Safety Quality Technicians
We are currently offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for this role (to be paid out over the course of 90 days). Come join our team!
We want you to be a part of our new team as we open our newest landfill free plant-based protein manufacturing facility on the east side of Indianapolis. Join our team and the 1st major carbon neutral food company in the world.
Shift: 4:30 am - 1:00pm
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? This position will perform Foods Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA) activities to assure that all products are safe, wholesome, and meet production requirements.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Able to train and perform FSQA duties such as (but not limited to) temperature checks, moisture analysis, paperwork verification, monitoring procedures verification, ingredient handling checks, finished product inspection, monitoring GMP’s, pre-op inspection, label verification, hold/release, review and creation of SOPs, microbiological swabbing, PPC Monitoring, collecting product retention samples, water samples, audits (glass, light, internal etc.), data entry and filing.
- Aid in non-conformance investigations and re-work process
- Accurate record keeping ensuring consistency of product safety and quality and compliance to regulatory requirements from the State, FDA, military, third party auditing agencies.
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to understand regulatory standards
- Must be self-motivated and possess problem solving skills
What we have to offer you:
What you will bring:
- Competitive salary
- Attendance Bonus of $250 per perfect attendance month
- Temperature controlled environment
- 401K with company match (available after 6 months)
- Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage (available in first 30 days)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Career development opportunities
Who we are:
- Associates Degree from in Food Science, Life Science, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or two years related experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Functional knowledge of windows; specifically, Word and Excel applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and follow directions
- Basic mathematical, statistical, and basic problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow written policies, programs and SOP’s and communicate the content to other employees
- Food industry experience preferred.
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Our brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL with operations in Seattle, WA; Turners Falls, MA; and now Indianapolis, IN. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Greenleaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Greenleaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following workplace anti-discrimination and other applicable laws.