Facilities Utilities Maintenance Technician
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
Accepts daily work assignments from both the Maintenance Team Lead and the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler. Performs maintenance activities necessary to keep the physical plant (i.e. buildings, grounds and equipment) in operational working condition. Performs preventative maintenance activities plus scheduled and emergency repairs. Performs additional assigned tasks to support the safe and productive manufacture of quality product and to meet the goals of the company.
What we have to offer you:
- Adhere to HAACP guidelines. SQF and Good Manufacturing Practices, following all sanitation and process procedures and guideline.
- Comply with maintenance department’s role in food safety and food quality
- Roof Checks for Leaks & Repairs
- Check Caustic Tank Level weekly
- General Facilities Maintenance
- Perform PM work for Facilities related equipment’s
- Calibrate Production Area Water Supply_ Monthly
- Boiler checks, tests and upkeep of stocks needed to maintain
- Compressed air system checks
- PH probe maintenance for Waste Water and clean grates.
- All facilities radio calls, notifications and PMs for the following
- Water leaks/drips
- Air leaks
- Steam leaks
- Drain clogs
- Lighting in non-production areas
- Ceilings/wall repairs
- Hanging of wall hardware/fixtures
- Backup for the Maintenance techs in times of need (I.E. calls outs, vacations, weekend work, etc.)
- In addition, the facilities tech will work closely with the supervisors if a job is in need of getting outside services to help.
- The facilities tech will also work closely with the purchaser and supervisors as to create a stock of needed consumables to keep the facility running (pipes, fittings, lights, chemicals, etc.). He will be responsible to maintaining the levels of these stocks.
What you will bring:
- 401K with company match (available after 6 months)
- Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage (available after 30 days)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) Access
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- High School Diploma, or Associates degree from technical school preferred
- Proficiency in electrical, and mechanical repairs on industrial equipment.
- Experience cutting, welding, machining and fabricating
- Experience working with HVAC, plumbing, or carpentry desired.
- Good problem solving / troubleshooting abilities.
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Must supply own general hand tools.
Who we are:
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Greenleaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.