We are currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus for this role (to be paid out over the course of 90 days).
Do you have experience with Industrial Sanitation in Food Manufacturing?
Come join our team of Sanitation Technicians!
We want you to be a part of our new team as we open our newest landfill free plant-based protein manufacturing facility on the east side of Indianapolis. Join our team and the 1st major carbon neutral food company in the world.
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? This position will:
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Play key role to keep the production equipment and facility production ready by disinfecting and sanitizing all components of the food production process.
- Participate in the startup process of new equipment during the initial startup of the facility.
What we have to offer you:
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices following all sanitation and process procedures and guidelines and reference SOP’s where applicable
- Successfully complete sanitation process training
- Disassemble, sanitize and reassemble food processing equipment
- Use approved chemicals to disinfect surfaces. Become knowledgeable of all applicable Material Safety Data Sheets for chemicals used
- Clean and remove ingredient and chemical barrels
- Read and understand production schedule
- Properly document and record department information as required
- Assist with training and retraining of team members
What you will bring:
- Competitive salary
- Temperature controlled environment
- 401K with company match (available after 6 months)
- Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage (available in first 30 days)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Career development opportunities
Who we are:
- Ideally at least 1-year manufacturing experience, preferably in food industry
- Must have flexibility to work overtime including weekends
- Availability to work evening and/or night shifts.
- Knowledge of sanitation chemicals is preferred
- Experience cleaning or sanitizing equipment is a plus
- Ability to work in wet or humid conditions regularly
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, bend and lift up to 60 pounds
- Experience with or ability to learn power industrial equipment including forklift or scissors lift
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Our brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL with operations in Seattle, WA; Turners Falls, MA; and now Indianapolis, IN
. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Greenleaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.