Please Note: Applicants for this role must not now, nor at ANY TIME in the future, require sponsorship for employment.
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The Process Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a strong and long-lasting culture of continuous improvement. You will deliver trainings and actions throughout the facility that focuses on process performance improvements ensuring that all levels of Operations are working towards operational excellence. You will provide direction to the Operations Leadership team on process improvements and employee development and trainings.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Develop strategies and programs that improve the productivity and efficiency of the various work processes of the company
- Interface with plant leadership on projects addressing staffing, manpower, time and capacity analysis
- Develop and organize Facility Processing SOPs and operator instructions. Utilize/adapt MLF materials where appropriate.
- Work with Operations Leadership to develop training programs for new employees and continuous improvement initiatives
- Liaison with Finance and Operations to identify operation variances, establish root cause and develop action plans and processes to correct.
- Participate in CER development (research, writing, presentation)
- Calculate cost reductions and/or various analyses to determine optimal problem-solving method
- Assist in the collection of data identifying opportunities and for Metric tracking improvements
- Demonstrate a knowledge of, and commitment to, Lean manufacturing principles and techniques. Where appropriate in Lean and Black Belt development courses.
- Provide continuous improvement trainings and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Instructs others in continuous process improvements, including the use of various problem solving and productivity techniques such as process mapping, standardized work, six sigma and cost / time management
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement projects, cost reductions, and process performance improvements
- Maintain Continuous Improvement implementation schedules for assigned projects, progress updates as required
- Provide documentation that demonstrates the direct link between Continuous Improvement implementation and Plant Operations improvements
- Partner with the Plant Finance Manager to document savings and profit results of continuous improvement activities
- Accountable for tracking all Continuous Improvement Projects and reporting progress to plant staff
- Evaluate / confirm production standards for products
- Assist in monitoring department equipment (OEE) and interface with Maintenance department to identify maintenance, repair and TPM targets and opportunities
- Provide coverage for Shift Managers’ absences when needed
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience with potential for a yearly bonus incentive
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in the field of Engineering or Business OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience 5+ years of demonstrated Continuous Improvement experience OR 5+ years of leadership experience in a lean manufacturing environment AND preferred work towards Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Able to effectively engage people at all levels of the business
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to deal with conflict and yet achieve win-win results
- Comfortable and effective in working with all levels of a very diverse workforce, including those with little to no English abilities
- Results oriented with ability to multi-task in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Proven decision-making ability using various analytical tools (variance reports, downtime analysis, SWOT analysis, Six Sigma metrics, etc.)
- Understand and work with state-of-the-art automation (SAP/MES/SCADA/Equipment HMI)
- Knowledge of HACCP and Health and Safety regulations.