A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
In this role, the qualified candidate will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow profitable revenues within the Northeast retail chains (Ahold, Hannaford, Wakefern & C&S). The candidate will have personal accountability for developing relationships at house accounts while also managing a broker/distributor network.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Hands on leader who has experience with national chains – preferably with Northeast chains such as Ahold, Hannaford, Wakefern & C&S --both cultivating new business and expanding existing.
- Will work cross functionally with marketing, category management, finance, supply chain, and other functional departments as required.
- Develop deep understanding of customer strategy and build relationships with customers at senior level.
- Build and maintain knowledge base of competitor and consumer trends in the marketplace and make strategic recommendations.
- Build a strategic plan for top line growth without compromising profit margins.
- Deliver established objective for sales and distribution.
- Direct-account responsibility leveraging retailer relationships at a number of key house accounts.
- Key component will be to improve ACV at existing accounts and maximize sales volumes.
- Execute Category management processes and drive joint business planning with strategic customers
- Utilize data to identify insights and take action to increase sales volumes.
- Hire, education, and manage broker/distributor sales team.
- Development and accountability of account promotional plans and execution.
- Management of trade funds and T&E expenses within assigned budgets.
- Timely, accurate and detailed preparation of forecasts required reports and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President, Sales and the marketing team to develop cohesive sales strategies that maximize business opportunities.
What you will bring:
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A minimum of 8+ years in sales and sales management of consumer products with large retail chains and a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent understanding of and established relationships with brokers, retailers, and distributors.
- Established and proven track record of working in sales and sales management positions that lead to growth in revenues, improved profitability, increased market share and greater customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead efforts to exceed targeted sales objectives through his/her own individual efforts and through effectively managing and motivating a broker/distributor sales network.
- Ability to work independently out of a home office and on the road, including willingness to travel up to 40%.
- Passion for developing, executing and managing sales plans that are designed to increase sales, profits and market share while minimizing expenses.
- Extremely proficient in computer software applications including the full suite of Microsoft Office Products.
- Must have strong creative, analytic, critical thinking, decision-making and presentation skills.
- Self -Starter, accountable, responsible, disciplined and action oriented, demonstrates a hunger for success.