A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Regional Sales Manager, Foodservice
We are seeking an experienced sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to take regional ownership & lead sales efforts and activities for business expansion. Reporting to the Director of Foodservice, the Foodservice Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales and profitability goals within a defined geographic region, as well as target regional chain account management. Important to the success of the role is to manage & build distributor relationships, provide direction and guidance to and through the (newly established) broker network
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Develop strong relationships with key regional chains and establish new business
- Establish Greenleaf as a key partner in selling plant-based protein
- Maximize sales volume and gross profit
- With respect to managing local distributors: develop iterative process of identifying potential sales with operators, then working with distributor to order.
- Once product is slotted, call on target customers identified by distributor.
- Develop & execute DSR training on products at monthly sales meetings and territory sales meetings.
- Manage relevant communication between operator and distributor customers regarding their product and service needs with Greenleaf stakeholders regarding new items, promotions or other business opportunities and changes in order to improve market share.
- Develop & Execute business plans and strategies for the region and cultivate high growth partnerships that lead to profitable growth by executing sales strategies, promotions, and trade investment.
- Leverage fact based analysis to manage the business. Establish measurements and goals for an ambitious go-to-market strategy, supported by a comprehensive, analytically grounded sales approach.
- Generate a sustainable revenue stream which aligns with company expectations.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering sales analysis, sales planning, and any required business analytics.
- Responsible for negotiation, administration and management of sales contracts for specified customer base in order to deliver products and services according to plan, within budget and meeting all sales projections.
- Serve as a primary regional source to resolve overall issues relative to pricing, products, inventory or service between Greenleaf and all customers / stakeholders
What you will bring:
- Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
- 401K plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- 5+ years outside sales experience in a Foodservice regional sales manager role in the US
- 5+ years’ experience managing a large regional broker network or sales force and/or regional chain account management desired
- Proven track record of leveraging relationships to achieve business goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related desired
- Ability to work and maintain a flexible travel schedule in order to meet customer expectations and availability, including a Valid US Driver’s license
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills as well as demonstrated effective public speaking & presentation skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.