**PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THIS ROLE MUST NOT NOW, NOR IN THE FUTURE, REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP FOR EMPLOYMENT**
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
FSQA Supervisor - Seattle
The FSQA Supervisor is responsible for administering the Quality and Food Safety programs and protocols. You are accountable for leading the FSQA team in compliance to policy, regulatory standards, and business goals across the facility. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with superior technical knowledge and influencing skills, as well as a proven track record of higher than average results.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Supervise the FSQA team ensuring that tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently and meets the needs of the business.
- Create staffing schedules according to production demands. Check timekeeping records daily to ensure accuracy and manage team’s time off requests.
- Participate in cross functional SOP development, updating and implementation.
- Provide HACCP and MLF Food Safety and Quality program updates, maintenance, verification's and function as a cross functional liaison to ensure the plant is meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for all stakeholders
- Prepare for third party audits and coach cross functional managers before and during these audits.
- Provide technical expertise regarding product quality, food safety, and good manufacturing practices.
- Audit and report non-compliance and take corrective actions to assure compliance to all quality assurance food safety requirements on a regular and daily basis.
- Conduct investigations and issue any corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
- Assist with environmental monitoring program for all relevant parts of equipment and areas of the facility (RTE – TPC, Listeria, ATP, RAW – ATP, TPC). Ensure results are populated/updates in Environmental Monitoring System (EMS).
- Assist with analysis of sanitation/environmental data to determine root cause of deficiencies and provide sanitation and operations team feedback on performance and necessary improvements.
- Maintaining an attitude of continuous process improvement and training of employees at hourly and salary levels
- Administer trainings (one on one, or group training) on food safety, GMP, HACCP and other topics as necessary.
- Plan, actively engage, communicate and provide direction with respect to Quality Assurance/Food Safety and related activities in all programs such as Sanitation, BRC, Employee Relations, Health and Safety Programs etc.
- Developing a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
- Support and execute the Company’s Food Safety programs at the facility in conjunction with Operations, Maintenance, Sanitation and all other plant functional areas.
- Support and promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the plant’s Health and Safety Programs.
- Required to move between shifts/departments for vacation support.
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience with potential for a yearly bonus incentive
- BS in Food Science or related discipline
- PCQI Certification is required
- Two years of experience in a GFSI and HACCP recognized facility
- 1 – 2 years of supervisory experience leading teams of 3 – 5 employees
- Familiarity with WSDA and FDA product standards
- A passion for food safety and working with a high performing team (Tough on standards, easy on people)
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Be able to prioritize multiple requests and use good judgement in meeting those requests
- Detail oriented and organized, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment where English is a second language
- Ability to be flexible and deal with complexity. Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems, experience with SAP preferred
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Ability to work on your feet for 6-8 hours per day in both cold and hot environments
- Must be able to bend, squat, and lift up to 30lb