We are currently offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus for this role (to be paid out over the course of 90 days). Come join our team!
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
Accepts daily work assignments from both the Maintenance Team Lead and the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler. Performs maintenance activities necessary to keep the physical plant (i.e. buildings, grounds and equipment) in operational working condition. Performs preventative maintenance activities plus scheduled and emergency repairs. Performs additional assigned tasks to support the safe and productive manufacture of quality product and to meet the goals of the company.
What you will bring:
- Adhere to HAACP guidelines. SQF and Good Manufacturing Practices, following all sanitation and process procedures and guideline.
- Comply with maintenance department’s role in food safety and food quality
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment breakdowns as reported to maintenance o Perform preventative maintenance on facility and processing equipment as assigned by the planner or team lead
- Submit parts requests and service requests as needed.
- Respond to off-shift emergency situations when needed plus participate in on-call rotation
- Assist in the maintenance of inventory and shop tools and equipment
- Continuously develop necessary skills required to maintain equipment and facility through formal training, informal on-the job training, and self-initiative
- Complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- High School Diploma, or Associates degree from technical school preferred
- Proficiency in electrical, and mechanical repairs on industrial equipment.
- Experience cutting, welding, machining and fabricating
- Experience working with HVAC, plumbing, or carpentry desired.
- Good problem solving / troubleshooting abilities.
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Must supply own general hand tools.
Who we are:
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Greenleaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.