A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Maintenance Planner / MRO Purchaser
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Planner / MRO Purchaser is the “quarterback” of the Maintenance department and plays a key role in managing and coordinating Work Management, Parts Inventory and MRO Purchasing activities. The Planner develops comprehensive maintenance job plans that facilitate the safe and effective execution of work. Performs the role of MRO Purchasing & Inventory responsibilities. Develops timely schedules of the comprehensive job plans, ensuring the maximum use of maintenance manpower, availability of parts and minimized interruption to Production. The Planner must understand the concept of ’Doing the right work at the right time for the right reasons.’ The Planner is experienced and trained in planning and scheduling techniques, is a capable CMMS system and MS Office User, and familiar with applying Standard Operating Procedures in his/her work. The Planner follows company policies, standards and guidelines as they apply to all activities.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Ensure the work prioritization process is adhered to utilizing a computer maintenance management system
- Review Work Requests for accuracy, duplication and convert to Work Orders.
- Prioritize corrective work derived from preventive maintenance (PM) work orders (WO) with high priority.
- Plan and schedule work requests originating in SAP that are not prioritized as an emergency or break-in work.
- Develop comprehensive, thorough maintenance job plans that facilitate the safe and effective execution of work.
- Provide support to all shifts to ensure adherence to the schedule.
- Create, use and maintain plant history and other technical files to include information in current job plans to anticipate and avoid job delays.
- Develop condition-based monitoring routes, load levels, and seed dates.
- Review, update and optimize PM routes and bills of materials (BOMs) in SAP.
- Manage all MRO Parts inventory stores to ensure the availability of parts / materials to execute work.
- Lead scheduling meetings where Maintenance interventions are synchronized with Production according to business needs.
- Develop schedule loading and publish a 4-week horizon schedule with the understanding of manpower availability, operational requirements and a knowledge of time, cost and quality estimating.
- Provide technical assistance as required for maintenance personnel in executing the work.
- Monitor parts/materials from point of order until staging / kitting.
- Maintain up to date visual boards utilized in the workshop so all parties can see daily work scope and weekly KPI's.
- Coordinate the arrival of materials, people, parts, and equipment to the job site so that they are on time and available in the logical order per the scheduled work plan.
- Ensure that job feedback, part and procedural problems identified during Work Execution are used to update procedures and enhance future execution.
- Work with engineering & asset reliability to support asset hierarchy, BOMs and PMs.
- Apply simple lifecycle costing (LLC) strategy when deciding between maintain, overhaul or replacing components.
- Plan and schedule within budgeted overtime limits.
- Forecast and review resource needs based on an integrated Production Schedule and backlog data.
- Participate in the Maintenance department’s continuous improvement and knowledge collection efforts.
- Collect and track KPIs related to the planning and scheduling function.
- Purchasing-creating and processing purchase orders for MRO
- Complete reports for the daily budget, depletion, obsoletion / slow moving parts and parts to machinery
- Maintain daily spending records for daily managers meeting / minutes
- Review status of backorders of parts ordered
- Cycle counting reports and reconciliation, including annual inventory cycle count
- Meet with OEM & MRO vendor representatives for parts and equipment strategies
- Maintain reports on CER spending
- Analyze purchasing trends
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Business Administration, Purchasing Finance Degree, or relevant experience and certification
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in planning, purchasing, and inventory stores (food environment preferred)
- Advanced experience with ERP or CMMS planning, purchasing and inventory software tools
- Experience with Maintenance or Operational Planning and OEM vendor / supplier management
- Knowledge and participating in Six Sigma and/or Lean projects
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing production systems (food production preferred)
- Organized and capable of working independently while managing multiple priorities with in a Team environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Email
- Technical curiosity and Questioning attitude
- Developed communication & interpersonal skills