A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company
We are a newly formed division of Maple Leaf Foods, the largest protein company in Canada, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. We formed this division after the acquisition of two leading brands in the refrigerated plant protein category – Lightlife Foods (located in Turners Falls, MA) and Field Roast Grain Meat Company (located in Seattle, WA). As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we advance our strategic agenda in the plant protein space, remaining agile and quick to react to change. Our focus on growth is laser-like, riding the fast growing plant-protein movement.
Our job is to make great food
Greenleaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 400+ employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Department Supervisor will guide and support the daily activities/processes in the manufacturing area. Provides on the floor ongoing support of the daily operation. The Department Supervisor will maintain established quality and safety standards while meeting the production schedule.
.A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- •Provide and perform first level reporting responsibilities for assigned department regarding departmental processes and procedures, staff schedule issues, work in process, production and quality variances, sanitation, safety and other areas impacting the daily operation of the department.
• Assign and monitor work within the department following production schedule. Assure coordinated work-flow and elimination of ordinary difficulties.
• Coordinate and support smooth and prompt start-up at the beginning of the shift, after changeovers, and between shifts.
• Foster a positive and productive work environment by being a role model for other team members. Perform the duties of on-line personnel as needed.
• Participate in and facilitate weekly departmental meetings with team, providing information and updates on operational issues.
• Conduct monthly and on-going safety training. Work with safety coordinator to improve safety culture and programs.
• Maintain product quality and assure that department processes conform to SOPs and other commonly accepted standards. Notify Manager if SOPs are not being followed. Suggest changes in SOPs and departmental activities to increase safety, quality or efficiency.
• Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of safe work practices following all safety regulations and guidelines. Report accidents to appropriate Manager and assist with accident investigations.
• Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded including FSMA, BRC and GMP’s.
• Evaluate production equipment’s state of readiness relative to safety, efficiency, and maintenance. Perform minor adjustments to equipment as needed. Report any deficiencies to Maintenance and appropriate Manager in a timely manner using related policies.
• Assist with the security and protection of company property and assets. (i.e. visitors in department, supplies, building security, etc.).
• Train and retrain team members in SOPs and departmental operations. Observe progress and provide on-going feedback to team member.
• Complete performance evaluations and overall performance management of team members – probationary, 6 mos., annual evaluations, and progressive discipline.
• Provide daily or as needed up-dates of process and personnel to Manager and team members. Ensure accurate charting of critical process parameters.
• Abide by and be a spokesperson for company polices and goals. Apply policies consistently and fairly to team members.
• Maintain inventory levels of production-related equipment/tools and supplies. Submit requisition paperwork to the appropriate Manager.
• Ensure daily production paperwork is completed accurately with all appropriate details and submitted in a timely manner.
• In the absence of the Manager, may be responsible for departmental reporting and related tasks.
• Collaborates with Research and Development in product development and implementation of plant trials.
What we have to offer you:
- Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
- 401K plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employee
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- • 3+ years Manufacturing experience.
• 1+ years Management / Supervisory experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Food Science, Management, Product Operations preferred or equivalent experience in relevant field.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• Strong computer application skills, including the utilization of mainframe, network and PC business application software.
• Basic mathematical and statistical skills.
• Basic financial skills and understanding.
• Food industry and experience in a union free environment preferred Key Leadership Competencies in addition to Ethics and Values and Integrity and Trust. (Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Problem Solving, Timely Decision Making and Technical Learning).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation. The incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.