A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The Sanitation Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager. The position will start initially on the evening shift and transition to midnights after the plant increases volume. The ability to work periodically on weekends is a must. The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for effectively managing the cleaning and sanitization of processing equipment, utensils and the entire plant environment. The role is responsible for the development and execution of the sanitation program. The role strives for continuous improvement by analyzing sanitation performance metrics, determining root causes and implementing effective corrective actions to meeting food safety and product quality standards. The role ensures every sanitation employee is engaged and complies with GMPs, Safety, WHMIS, HACCP and corporate standards associated with the sanitation process.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Oversee the cleaning and sanitization of equipment, surfaces, utensils and plant environment by providing direction, motivation and technical support to all sanitation employees to ensure sanitation process is completed on time and effective.
- Plan, actively engage, communicate and provide direction on all sanitation related activities in all programs such as: Quality Assurance/Food Safety, HACCP, Corporate/customer/BRC requirements, employee relations, Health and Safety Programs, Operations, Maintenance etc.
- Manage the master sanitation schedule by establishing priorities, scheduling, assigning work and communicating with sanitation staff and key stakeholders frequently and regularly to ensure tasks are completed effectively and on time.
- Verifies sanitation related activities, report non-compliances and take corrective actions to assure compliance to all quality assurance food safety requirements.
- Monitor, update Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) and verify compliance by front line employees.
- Hire, orientate, train, develop, coach, discipline, respond to employee suggestions, provide feedback, administer sanitation employee time and attendance records and recognize employees in a timely manner.
- Develop and execute training to meet all job requirements and ensure employee compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the sanitation budget and maintain inventory control of all sanitation related materials including chemicals, equipment, tools and PPE. Ensure site inventory levels are maintained, on budget and stored appropriately.
- Ensure the chemical dispensing systems function within specification. Solicit technical support from the sanitation chemical provider or corporate sanitation to optimize the cleaning chemistry and application methods.
- Measure and analyze sanitation performance metrics and lead a weekly cross functional sanitation meeting to review findings and assign investigation and corrective action responsibilities to drive continuous improvement.
- Support and promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and JHSC recommendations.
What we have to offer you:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience with potential for a yearly bonus incentive
What you will bring:
- 3+ years Manufacturing experience.
- Must have flexibility to work weekends
- 1+ years Management or Supervisory experience.
- 3+ years of experience Sanitation Supervisor experience
- Strong knowledge of sanitation chemicals
- Experience creating standardized work for sanitation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer application skills, including the utilization of mainframe, network, and PC business application software.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Basic mathematical, and statistical skills