This is an entry level position, production experience preferred but not necessary.
Package Tech (all shifts available)
Schedule and Pay:
Schedules may very shifts offered are:
- Follow the SOP’s in the packaging and labeling of products and transferring to cases for storage and transit.
- May operate equipment on various lines ensuring proper functioning and efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail in product quality.
- Communicate with Leads and Supervisors immediately when there are any concerns about product quality and safety, as well as machine malfunctions.
- Clean and sterilize processing areas and food production machinery daily.
- Maintain a strict adherence to the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including washing and sanitizing hands and gloves, wearing of proper equipment, and practicing good hygiene.
Monday – Saturday
6:00 am to 2:30 pm
2:30 pm to 11:00 pm
What you will bring:
Experience in food processing, manufacturing or packaging preferred but not required.
• Ability to work with your hands extensively and stand on your feet for 8 hours.
• Ability to bend, reach and lift repeatedly (up to 50lbs).
• Drive to continuously improve performance, efficiency, and speed.
• Basic English proficiency for reading, writing and communicating.
What we have to offer you:
Who we are:
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
- 401K with company match (available after 6 months)
- Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision
- Flexible Spending Account – Childcare, Transit and Medical available
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance available
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Greenleaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.