We are looking to hire an experienced sanitor who can lead our sanitation team and can support the sanitation function by maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of processing equipment, utensils and the entire plant environment. Reports to the Sanitation Supervisor and receives direction concerning sanitation activities.
Ensure strict adherence to all company SSOPs – Sanitation Standard Operating procedures. Assist in updating and verification of all SSOPs.
• Enforce company SSOP’s with the sanitation staff.
• Responsible for the operation of the sanitation system, specifically the central foamers, sanitizer systems, water and pressure systems and COP/CIP tanks.
• Conduct inventory on PPE and chemicals
• Titrate chemicals on a per shift basis to ensure standards are met.
• Assist in the training of all sanitation staff ensuring competency of sanitation procedures as directed by Corporate Sanitation Program.
• Ensure that all hairnet, paper towels and hand soap is always stocked in appropriate areas.
• Lead and motivate sanitation employees.
• Lead and direct Janitors ensuring that all non-production areas are properly cleaned and monitored.
• Focus and implement cost savings potentials.
• Responsible for maintaining all outside grounds and trash areas.
• Support and execute the company’s food safety programs in conjunction with Quality Assurance, microbiology and food safety.
• Provide input of sanitation performance across the company.
• Ensure sanitation area is clean and uncluttered, avoid large build up of pans and dishes to be cleaned.
• Responsible for correct usage of all cleaning chemicals including labelling and storage.
• Responsible for maintaining EMP and TPC levels.
• Maintain positive relationships with employees.
• Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with OSHA
• Assist in weekly COVID-19 clean-up as well as mitigation.
• Assist in the completion of weekly master sanitation schedule.
• Execute corrective actions for all deficiencies in the Sanitation Department.
Schedule and Pay:
Monday – Friday
10:00 am -6:00pm
What you will bring:
Minimum 2 years of sanitation experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry
• 1 year of experience in a leadership role.
• Knowledge of cleaning systems (CIP, COP) and chemical cleaning training.
• Knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, WHMIS, First Aid, Lock/Tag Out, Health and Safety Regulations, and all of their applicable requisites.
• Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
• Experience leading teams with little to no English.
• Detail and results oriented
• Must be flexible to work varying shifts and weekends
• Able to work in cold, hot, humid or wet manufacturing environment, work with chemicals and stand/walk a lot
What we have to offer you:
Who we are:
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Greenleaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.