A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
As a member of the Supply Chain team, the Manager, Logistics & Distribution will be responsible for the commercial relationship and performance management pertaining to our internal warehouses, 3rd
party Transportation and Warehousing requirements. This role will initially focus on the planning and execution of the Transportation and Warehousing requirements for our facilities, and 3rd
The successful candidate must have a strong background in process improvement in overall logistics and can lead others through influence.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Develop plans or set goals to reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities.
- Monitor and track inbound and outbound shipments to insure customer and intercompany transport orders (ICTO) service satisfaction through on-time delivery.
- Negotiate freight rates with Dedicated Carriers and Warehousing.
- Act as a business point of contact for all 3PL warehouse and freight contractors.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Facilitate the selection and implementation of Dedicated carrier and Warehousing solutions
- Statistical reporting on all key metrics and represent 3rd Party performance results at Month End & Period End
- Continuous improvement of processes within and supporting all aspects of Logistics, Warehousing, & Distribution. To include network optimization and footprint analysis.
- Facilitate and execute RFP’s as required to support savings opportunities
- Identify, plan and manage the successful completion of process improvement projects that focus on high service and low-cost dedicated transportation and distribution.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP’s) pertaining to service and performance of our 3rd party dedicated fleets and warehousing. Insure we are following best practices for inventory management and cycle counting.
- Insure compliance to all standard work processes by all facilities, 3PL warehouse and all 3PL carriers.
- Work with Supply Chain Planning to identify issues and provide practical cost-effective solutions.
- Work with Supply Chain Planning to setup inventory DOS coverage and planning parameters to insure we have the right inventory at the right 3PL locations.
- Periodic travel required
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Career development opportunities – your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience with potential for a yearly bonus incentive
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 10-15 years logistics experience, preferably in transportation and warehousing field
- Related post-secondary degree, diploma or professional designation
- Extensive experience leading and/or driving operation and strategic projects
- Demonstrated experience using SAP and linked interfaces to 3rd party distribution
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvement
- Commercial experience in the areas of transportation management and or Operational experience (e.g. route planning, scheduling, dispatching, network optimization, freight costing) and performance management
- Prior experience in consumer goods or food manufacturing would be an asset
- Prior experience in related functions such as customer service, distribution, warehousing or supply planning would be an asset
- Alignment to the company values
- Strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills
- Strong process orientation with an ability to think strategically
- Proven ability to influence and develop relationships cross functionally