A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Director of National Accounts, Foodservice
The Director of National Accounts, Foodservice is responsible for the commercial performance, growth, and viability of Plant Based protein products across all categories and customers in their portfolio. This individual is a highly entrepreneurial leader, is passionate about customers, and brings a proven ability to build meaningful relationships and partnerships with large customers. The Director knows how to successfully connect customer strategies and needs with Greenleaf Food’s capabilities and objectives to build winning solutions. This individual will play a key role with National Accounts and the overall Foodservice business.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What you will bring:
- Lead selling efforts with our National Account operators – both existing and new customers
- Manage and deliver P&L objectives including Volume, Sales, and Gross Profit. Inclusive of monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and forecasting against key metrics for the business.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer’s strategy and oversee the development of joint customer business plans that support the broader Foodservice strategy and objectives.
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to deliver business objectives and align priorities and resources across functions to support business strategies and priorities. Manage risks and coach teams to reach their goals. These teams include: Marketing, Distribution, R&D, Finance, and Supply Chain.
- Work closely with direct team, peers and VP to ensure successful execution of the account and relationship plans.
- Build and maintain knowledge base of competitors and operator/customer trends in the marketplace/industry and integrate this information into strategic recommendations.
- Develop a detailed database of opportunities by customer, competitive landscape, financials, and timing.
- Be part of building a growth culture, rooted in discipline and fundamentals, that delivers winning customer partnerships, by instituting operating rhythms and practices for awareness and alignment of priorities within the team.
What we have to offer you:
- The ideal candidate is a communications connoisseur, ideally with experience working with a food or beverage CPG company.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience managing sales, customers, strategies and business.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Strong negotiation skills including listening, probing, identifying interests, and mutually solving problems.
- Ability to understand Greenleaf and customer goals and translate into clear and concise customer strategies with effective action plans.
- Creative and strategic thinker who consistently looks for new and impactful ways to drive results.
- Demonstrates an ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to synthesize data, insights and inferences into a coherent and logical chain that others can execute on.
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced, high performance, environment
- Shows a genuine interest in and passion for our category and our company
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Welfare plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees