A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
FSQA MANAGER - Seattle
As the leader of the FSQA team, the FSQA Manager is accountable for the execution of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs at the Seattle facility. The Manager is a key member of the facility management team and is responsible for driving continuous improvement in a fast-paced and demanding environment. Additionally, the Manager will establish and maintain positive relationships with operations, regulatory bodies and lead and develop the FSQA team.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Actively participate in facility leadership meetings with Operations, Research, Development Technology (RDT), Sanitation and other FSQA Managers in the network.
- Support or lead change management activities related to processes, programs and/or systems.
- Build and advance relationships with regulatory bodies, customers, and other external organizations.
- Facility FSQA lead during product launches utilizing product development process (PDP) FSQA risk assessment.
- Ensure timely resolution of necessary corrective action items associated with all audits and inspections.
- Lead Seek and Destroy activities in response to Environmental Monitoring Program results.
- Accountable for hold and release activities related to pathogen test programs, non-conformance situations, etc.
- Recommend and implement process improvements within the facility and the department.
- In conjunction with facility leadership, drive the organization’s Food Safety culture.
- Lead, coach and develop FSQA team at the facility.
- Using fact-based analysis, provide recommendations to improve the facility quality systems.
- Lead internal and external audits (BRC, customers, FDA, etc.).
- Ensure effective execution of all Food Safety and Quality programs to meet corporate and customer food safety strategy & quality standards as well as all regulatory requirements (FSMA, etc.)
- Lead facility activities during any potential product recalls.
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience with potential for a yearly bonus incentive
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a high performing team in a food manufacturing facility
- Ability to leverage exceptional interpersonal communication skills to develop productive internal and external relationships
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders to achieve desired results
- Energetic and positive leadership style
- Excellent observation and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to coach for high performance
- Strong systems skills (including MS Office)
- Ability to work effectively on a cross functional leadership team
- Experience thriving in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity, transparency, ability to build trusting relationships
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline