A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and the first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Director, National Category Management
The Director, National Category Management will be responsible for leading a next generation team to drive integrated, channel strategies that equip the Greenleaf Foods salesforce to grow in a competitive retail environment. This position leverages in-depth knowledge of categories, customers, the buying dynamics and motivations of shoppers. The Director provides thought leadership by leveraging insights, marketplace knowledge and competitive dynamics to drive category strategies that deliver sustained financial growth and market share gains. This role is designed for a customer/consumer-centric executive who can drive transformation strategies and innovation, while providing team leadership and developing talent. Understanding Shopper Loyalty metrics and data is a must at Key Customers. Having skill and data integrity to build out Best in Class Planograms is critical and this skill is essential to build stories to win with customers in Plant Based Space. The Director will conduct advanced analytics and develop/present data driven strategies, recommendations, and tactics utilizing internal data, syndicated data, panel and shopper data, and be involved in customer presentations as needed from team.
What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Develop Category Management Strategies - Evolve and Lead the team responsible for building industry- leading, insight-driven category management strategies across brick & mortar and ecommerce. Ability to partner with customer selling teams to identify opportunities to expand the categories that Greenleaf Foods is sold, leveraging data/analysis tools and knowledge of shoppers, categories and the omnichannel retail environment. Partner with Greenleaf Foods Brand Teams to translate key consumer trends to individual retailers
- Conduct strategic category and channel analyses and reports, incorporating appropriate resources. Filter through several data sources to build strategies that drive superior results. Perform strategic competitive analyses by category and brand to capture trends, opportunities and challenges for core business areas.
- Develop strategic business plans, vision, tactics and strategies for achieving category growth
- Use and perform key functions of which may include, JDA, Tableau, Nielsen Tools, Nielsen panel, SPINS data, and Numerator, Shopper 360, Kroger 8451
- Experience utilizing customer shopper cart data to create compelling stories and strategies
- Expertise and Leadership - Build a clear vision for a next generation Category Management capability to showcase our brands as one commercial partner to work with key retail partners. Leverage data to build state of the art tools and integrate these tools into our current processes. Serve as a thought leader on Digital/Ecommerce/Omnichannel as well as key trends impacting the business. Able to leverage an understanding of consumers, shoppers and retail customers to drive forward key business strategies and share with executive team Monthly.
- Lead talent and organizational development - Develop, motivate and retain talented individuals, leveraging a leadership style that engages and inspires; motivate the team to optimize the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Inspire and foster an agile and growth-oriented culture - Strong focus and commitment to both employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Simultaneously, cultivate a strong performance culture and growth mindset that drives meaningful business outcomes.
- Superior execution of priorities - Develop strong internal and external relationships that lead to best in-class execution of overall company strategy.
What we have to offer you:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience leading Insights, Category Management or Sales Capabilities teams
- Min of 6+ years of Customer Management experience and/or 3-4 years of Category Management experience required; Consumer package Goods
- Enhanced insight development skills, strong quantitative analysis and custom research experience
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to competitive moves and customer dynamics
- Proven agility and strategic thinking evidenced by a strong consumer/customer-centric focus and mindset
- The preferred location for this role is Cincinnati, OH, Bentonville, ARK, Minneapolis, MN, Boise, ID, or Chicago , IL however remote work-at-home applications will be considered
- The opportunity to build a more sustainable future by changing the way people eat protein!
- Professional and career development opportunities as part of a growing organization
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k plan