A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The HSSE Manager reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for creating and leading our local Health, Safety, Security and Environmental programs to ensure compliance with company, state and federal requirements. This position is accountable for the administration and the maintenance of the Health and Safety Management System, as well as the Environmental System and provides coaching and training to the plant leadership team to ensure consistent application throughout the plant. As part of the Operations Leadership Team, the HSSE Manager creates and leads safety, wellness, and environmental initiatives and trainings to develop safer, healthier, and more efficient ways of working.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and direction to managers, supervisors, and associates in safety and incident prevention activities
- Foster relationships to gain commitment from all associates
- Generate and submit all internal and external reporting as required
- Implement and monitor the Health and Safety Management System that meets OSHA regulations and coordinate the annual review
- Seek continuous improvement by ensuring that regular inspections, hazard analysis, risk assessments, and audits are conducted
- Administer and maintain incident reporting/recording systems to ensure compliance with company and legislative requirements
- Utilize incident and root cause analysis to provide direction and recommendations on how to mitigate/control losses and foster a proactive safety culture
- Provide disability management support
- Communicate with the employee’s health care practitioner to clarify functional abilities to facilitate safe return to work.
- Produce reports and statistical information, analyze trends, and present findings and/or recommendations to management
- File Workers' Compensation and OSHA reports, ensuring all required information is clearly presented and reported within required timelines
- Develop and communicate an emergency response program and procedures to management and supervision
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience in an Occupational Health and Safety role in a manufacturing or process industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Health and Safety, Certificate or diploma program in Occupational Health and Safety, or College diploma or university degree in any discipline or equivalent experience.
- Relevant certifications highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, preferably within a manufacturing or process environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State Health and Safety legislation combined with training in hazard recognition, assessment, and control
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Capability of working and interacting with all levels within an organization
- Ability to deliver positive business results