A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
**Offering sign on bonus for position**
Greenleaf Foods is looking for a full-time Maintenance Supervisor at our plant located in Turners Falls, MA. The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Maintenance Manager, and will be providing direct leadership to all maintenance staff. The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees.
- Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff.
- Supervise repairs carried out by maintenance staff and/or Contractors.
- Evaluate incoming work notifications and, when warranted, generate and prioritize a work order to cover the work.
- Assist with the implementation of capital projects.
- Ensure that all maintenance work is captured on work orders and entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ensure that all scheduled work orders are completed in the allocated time.
- Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness.
- Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment.
- Liaise with Engineering and Operations on matters relating to equipment maintenance and availability.
- Provide guidance to the Planner/Scheduler when approving, prioritizing and estimating work, and technical assistance when developing job plans.
- Participate in various production meetings, KPI review meetings, and pre- and post-maintenance schedule review meetings.
- Assist with the identification of root causes following equipment failures and development of new maintenance tasks to eliminate them in the future.
- Ensure compliance with BRC and GMPs requirements as it relates to food safety and ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety program and food safety program.
- Provide temporary backup for the Maintenance Manager when necessary; and other responsibilities as required.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience required.
- Aware of Six Sigma, RCM and autonomous maintenance principles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field of study and/or related work experience as a supervisor in a maintenance manufacturing setting preferred
- Conversant in preventive and predictive maintenance tactics.
- Comfortable using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), SAP-PM preferably.
- Recognized for the ability to troubleshoot and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in a food processing facility would be an asset.
- Knowledge of plant refrigeration systems and their operation.
- Able to manage maintenance and maintenance resources effectively through the use of key performance indicators and benchmarking.
- Proven record for identifying reliability issues and participation implementing improvement strategies.
- Must be available for occasional weekend coverage, as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with HACCP.