A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
This position is responsible for sourcing co-manufacturing production capacity for Greenleaf Foods and for ensuring the best value to Greenleaf concerning cost quality and service provided by the contract manufacturer.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Sourcing new contract manufacturing relationships
- Negotiating and resolving disputes with existing contract manufacturers
- Conducting presentations to Sales and Marketing groups, and bi-annual business reviews with the co-manufacturing locations
- Lead role in production plan adherence, schedule adherence, and performing data maintenance
- Coordinating and scheduling the production of Greenleaf products with close coordination across the Greenleaf supply chain
- Monitoring WIP, ingredient and finished goods inventory; working with co-manufacturers to determine weekly ingredient needs; working with production scheduling and purchasing to supply the ingredients, transacting the ingredient transfers in SAP using the subcontracting process
- Working with each co-manufacturer to understand their available capacity line process detail and troubleshoot production line layouts for efficiencies and quality concerns
- Direct communication with many Greenleaf functions including but not limited to Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Customer Service, Transportation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Control, Credit, and Legal
The successful candidate will be responsible for independently managing strategic partnerships with high complexity. The position will be involved in capital investments for innovation opportunities to expand capabilities and/or capacity for volume growth.
What you will bring:
What we have to offer you:
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 years work experience. 4 plus years of production planning supply chain or other relevant experience. Plant experience preferred.
- Requires both strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires strong computer skills such as Word Excel Access and PowerPoint and SAP.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; detail oriented, dependable, people oriented and highly organized; analytical with strategic thinking skills; ability to motivate and inspire cooperation both inside and outside the company; have an energetic interest in learning and in growing with the position; able to work across divisions to deliver timely production solutions under pressure.
- Occasional travel required.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Welfare plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees