A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Social Media Associate
Greenleaf Foods is committed to shaping the future of plant-based foods with its portfolio of leading plant-based protein brands that include Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. As a Social Media Associate at Greenleaf Foods, you will get a chance to develop your marketing and communication skills in one of the fastest growing categories in the CPG industry. You will be part of a dynamic, growing, entrepreneurial team with the opportunity to contribute to growing brands that have the aspirations of defining and shaping plant-based protein foods for retailers and consumers.
The responsibilities will be defined by the Social Media Manager and will include supporting the marketing function primarily in the social and influencer space.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What you will bring:
- Manage publishing of all organic social content
- Own internal organization and rights management of all social and influencer content
- Aid in the development of influencer briefs and reviewing influencer content
- Monitor all brand social channels and influencer partner channels daily for engagement opportunities and trends
- Ensure questions, comments and related opportunities among our communities and with users across the channels are handled with a well-executed, high-touch experience
- Create one-to-one impactful relationships via social with our customers (both retail and foodservice), influencers, partners and community
- Monitor social landscape for proactive and reactive trends on which our brands could activate in a strategy-aligned way
- Mine platforms for relevant user generated content & acquire user permission so content can be share on brand channels; systematize and save UGC within internal organizational systems
- Assist with reporting and analyzing monthly performance on various social metrics such as growth, engagement, conversation, amplification, and leads across owned channels to guide and optimize overall social platform strategy
- Aid in market research & competitive analysis
- Ad-hoc projects for the integrated marketing team—especially as it pertains to brand and company websites and digital presence—as well as for the brand teams
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong social media background, including community management experience
- Highly engaged in and active on social media; familiar with executing on all core social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok)
- Understanding of influencer marketing programs from an executional standpoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment while maintaining a great attention to detail
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Creative and innovative thinker, organized, detail-oriented, and solution-oriented
- Ability to interface with many departments
- Strategic thinking and sound judgment in execution of activities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work streams
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Works independently/self-starter
What we have to offer you:
- BS/BA in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 1-3 years relevant work experience – must have a background in social media, community management, social analytics, and/or social listening. A mixture of both agency and brand-side a huge plus.
- Passion for developing 1:1 consumer relationships and enhancing brand communities
- Familiar with Social Bakers or Astute Social is a plus
- Experience with the backend of social platforms specifically for publishing, reporting and audience insights
- Experience understanding and delivering on specific brand voices
- Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights to understand consumer behavior is preferred
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience with potential for a yearly bonus incentive