A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife™ Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co.™ Lightlife™ products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife™ is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Plant Finance Manager – Turners Falls, MA
This position provides financial leadership to the manufacturing site leadership team, working closely to identify opportunities to improve site results. This position is responsible for analyst level direct report(s).
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
• Provide assistance in SAP planning related to master data, plant finance, and cost center setups
• Provide timely and accurate daily/weekly/monthly reporting and forecasts for plant results
• Lead all period-end financial activities for the plant
• Interpret financial results and act as a consultant to help identify, recommend, and support potential courses of action
• Integral part of new product costing (from development to launch), ensuring current product costing accurately reflects the manufacturing process by product
• Perform periodic analysis of overhead spending and provide information to support future decisions
• Work with the plant and division leadership to ensure that business case proposals provide pertinent financial analysis and sufficient justification to support capital expenditures
• Manage the overall budget process for the plant. Work with functional managers to ensure budget submission is complete, accurate and on time
• On site responsibility to ensure accounting procedures adhere to International Financial Reporting Principles (IFRS), internal controls, and approved corporate policies. Provide guidance and coaching to non-finance managers regarding issues of financial control and compliance
• Responsible for managing the performance of direct reports including coaching and feedback
What we have to offer you:
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 3+ years of progressive manufacturing costing experience
- General accounting knowledge, strong Microsoft Office capability, and prior experience with SAP
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the capability to dive into large, detailed data sets without getting overwhelmed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present financial information to non- financial functions.
Excellent planning and organizational skills plus the ability to manage multiple, changing priorities
- An intellectually curious and growth focused mindset
- Previous supervisory experience preferred with an ability to coach and mentor others within a matrixed team environment
- Bachelor’s degree (required)