A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Greenleaf Foods is committed to shaping the future of plant-based foods with its portfolio of leading plant-based protein brands that include Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co.
As a Marketing Associate at Greenleaf Foods, you will get a chance to develop your marketing and analytical skills in one of the fastest growing categories in the CPG industry. You will be part of a dynamic, growing, entrepreneurial team with the opportunity to contribute to growing brands that have the aspirations of defining and shaping plant-based protein foods for retailers and consumers.
The responsibilities will be defined by the Marketing Director and will include supporting the marketing function while working cross-functionally in the planning, implementation, and analysis of initiatives that drive business growth. Showing the ability to derive insights from data to tell a compelling business case will lead to increased exposure and responsibility across both communication and innovation activities.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What you will bring:
- Closely monitors and analyzes sales volumes, market share trends and competitive activity to provide actionable insights and recommendations to drive business decisions
- Build sell stories to support new product launches and existing portfolio expansionExecute ad hoc analytics that support key initiatives and projects; provide analysis and recommendations around project feasibility.
- Manage brand projects and assignments in a way that demonstrates an understanding of key consumer insights and an ability to activate them in relevant communications and innovation activities.
- Project Management: assist in leading product related projects including, but not limited to: packaging, innovation and renovation
- Partner with business leaders to prepare and present business reviews at Key Business Review Meetings
- Lead projects that will support brand innovation pipeline
- Lead competitive analysis and build action plans on current and projected trends in the plant-based market.
- Marketing Execution: Execute elements of the marketing plan for your brand such as price promotions, in-store creative, etc.
- Ad-Hoc Projects for the Brand Teams
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong analytical background and aptitude
- Able to work in a fast pace working environment while maintaining a great attention to detail
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- With supervision, able to understand, translate and integrate multiple data sources into actionable insights to drive decision-making; Comfortable working with large data-mining exercises.
- Successful in creative problem solving and team partnership.
- Strategic thinking and sound judgment in execution of activities
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Growth, solutions-oriented mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Works independently/self-starter
What we have to offer you:
- BS/BA in Marketing/Business or related field
- 1-3 years Brand Marketing experience. Strong preference for Consumer Goods (CPG) exposure
- Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights to understand consumer behavior is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience working with syndicated data sources such as IRI, Nielsen, etc. is preferred
- Passion for identifying consumer insights and transforming insights into significant product and marketing innovation
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience with potential for a yearly bonus incentive