A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Productivity / Continuous Improvement Specialist
The Productivity/Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for supporting and maintaining a strong and long-lasting culture of continuous improvement within the plant that leads to great business results through operational excellence. You will partner with the various plant functions to analyze and improve processes and business systems, develop innovative approaches to training and development of associates and the creation and use of standardized work within our plant start-up environment.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Prior to plant start-up:
- Assist in the development of strategies and programs that will improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop an overall training strategy for the plant which comprehends both initial start-up and ongoing operations
- Be involved with the plant/process design/development team to identify training related deliverables, ie equipment operating manuals, supplier provided training
- Develop pre/post training measurement of effectiveness, consolidate feedback and drive continuous improvement
- At plant start-up:
- Lead the resources which are involved with the delivery of the training programs
- Ensure use of a team member skills matrix for all employees; provide relevant reporting
- Instruct others in continuous process improvements, including the use of various problem soloving and productivity techniques such as process mapping, standardized work, six sigma and cost/time management.
- At post plant start-up
- Assess training program strategy and incorporate continuous improvement to prepare for the next opportunity and to sustain new team member training and development
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement projects, cost reductions and process performance improvements.
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 5-6 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous training experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of training/people development theory, principles, practices, and methods
- Proven track record of training needs analysis, course/program development and execution
- Proven decision-making ability using various analytical tools ie downtime analysis, SWOT analysis, Six Sigma knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Forward thinking with an innovative mindset
- Preference will be given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree, or relevant instructional experience in a manufacturing environment