A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Marketing Director - Foodservice
The Marketing Director, Foodservice is responsible for driving strategic growth and profitability within our core categories. This individual is a strategic action-oriented commercial leader who is able to gain followership within both their own teams and with their cross-functional partners. The Director ensures company’s ability to adapt to the rapidly changing foodservice industry. This individual is passionate about innovation and developing solutions to meet the needs of changing of our Foodservice customers and end consumers.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Lead all marketing efforts for categories within their scope of responsibility.
- Increase our Branded presence through Innovation and expanded distribution.
- New product launces
- Manage Foodservice agency partner
- Manage website along with new POS
- Develop all promotional activities and materials
- Assemble monthly update for Leadership
- Manage and deliver P&L objectives including managing product mix to optimize Sales, Volume, Gross Profit. Inclusive of monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and forecasting against key metrics for the business.
- Establish and sustain the optimal matrix of pricing and promotion that achieves P&L objectives.
- Facilitate the implementation of product modifications
- Determine value-drivers of profitability, competitiveness and building blocks that achieve overall strategy.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Innovation, Supply, Retail Marketing, Finance to align priorities, manage risks and deliver business objectives.
- Help establish Greenleaf Foods as a leader within the Industry with respect to Marketing Programs, Social/Digital Media, and Culinary support.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Welfare plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- What you will bring:
- At least 10+ years of progressive experience in Marketing - including 2+ years in Foodservice.
- University degree in business or related area.
- Proven ability to ‘think big’ coupled with the people leadership skills to mobilize and motivate a team to ensure execution excellence.
- Strong business/financial acumen.
- Self-motivated and engaging in a fast-paced and action-oriented environment.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with senior management, the Board and the team.
- Strong customer focus.
- The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Demonstrated alignment with Greenleaf Values.