A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Senior Director of Sales
The Senior Director of Sales will embody the culture of the Greenleaf Foods organization in leadership and personal style. This executive role will serve as the Senior Sales Leader and as a primary voice of customer with the Conventional Partners including Albertson’s, Kroger, Target, Publix, Ahold, and Other Key Conventional Retail Customers. The Ability to drive results with a winning team along with positioning Greenleaf Foods as best in class category partner across customer base will be important to this balanced leader and communicator. This highly visible sales leadership role will lead and inspire sales team to achieve new levels of plant based category insights and joint business planning with customers to rocket to new levels of growth and profitability. Qualified candidates will have experience driving top line growth and building best in class assortments at shelf to expand ACV across key items and substantially improve performance and orientation for growth innovation launches with speed to shelf.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- 10-15 years of strong sales leadership experience and proven ability to develop high level top to top account relationships with Top conventional Retail partners
- Understanding of the Plant Based segments and categories
- Demonstrated track record of innovation launches and sales execution KPI’s including ACV gains and managing across key customers
- Experience recruiting and developing a team of effective sales teams that work together in pursuit of common goal. Proven network with top to Top customer responsibility
- Experience of using syndicated data and other consumer insight and performance management tools to construct and successfully utilize fact based selling stories
- Provide Customer annual plans by brand that deliver key performance targets
- Coordinate Quarterly reviews and presentation for Key customers with sales and marketing to understand sales trends and identify any gaps to Plan. This will include marketing activation for accounts and how we build trade management to invest with each Key account.
- Lead the team to deliver best in class selling communications, selling tools and capabilities of the needs of the marketing and sales organization
- Lead innovation summits for product development and future pipeline product launches with Key customers
- Proven broker network management and best in class tracking for driving accountability for existing business and innovation launch success
- Build great teams and celebrate successes across organization
- Possess Category Management experience and leadership in this functional area with a specific key Customer
- Inspire confidence with integrity and involvement of others to build credibility
- A Bachelor’s degree is required ; MBA will further differentiate the ideal candidate
What we have to offer you:
- 10-15+ years of successful sales experience (B2C, B2B, Business to Distributor), with meat product sales experience an absolute must.
- Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Limited travel at the moment. Post pandemic, expect travel of up to 50% of the time.
- 4 year degree
- High degree of accountability and track record of winning in market
- Innovation speed to launch adoption principle
- Executive presence to influence Buyers and internal stakeholders with in depth understanding of meat category
- Self-motivated and engaging in a fast-paced and action-oriented environment.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with senior management, the Board and the team.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Welfare plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees