A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Maintenance Supervisor supervises and coaches the Maintenance team to ensure safe, efficient execution of the maintenance work and optimal operational effectiveness in line with corporate, FSQA, and site objectives. The Maintenance Supervisor is an experienced Maintenance leader with at least 5 years of experience in a Maintenance supervisory or leadership role applying proven Maintenance best practices in a fast pace industrial environment. The Supervisor is familiar with using a CMMS system and with applying Standard Operating Procedures in his/her work. The maintenance supervisor will play a key role in Team development and supporting the plant to improve equipment efficiency and optimize manufacturing effectiveness
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Provide inputs into Preventive Maintenance (PM) reviews and PM development activities.
- Responsible for assigned activities related to the site's asset performance improvement objectives and guidelines.
- Oversee the internal equipment rebuilds and review external rebuilds.
- Provide input to the work prioritization process and manage emergency and break-in work.
- Provide inputs at the daily work request review meeting.
- Provide inputs into the maintenance job plans.
- Provide inputs to the work job scope.
- Provide inputs into changes that affect the asset's bills of materials (BOM) and work with stores to optimize part/material levels.
- Own the weekly schedule, once it is published and adjust to accommodate emergency and break-in work.
- Provide technical assistance as required for maintenance personnel in executing the work.
- Assign work to work crews based on their competency, rather than on their availability.
- Communicate requirement for corrective work to Planning in a formal, timely, fashion, i.e. work order (WO).
- Conduct quarterly audits of the Trades people against the skills matrix and remedial action identified and applied to resolve shortfalls.
- Lead the shift handover meeting.
- Review job delay codes and times to identify opportunities to improve workforce performance.
- Ensure that WO are updated in accordance with defined standards.
- Monitor WO completion at least 3 times per shift and provide coaching/support as needed. Provide regular feedback to Production as to progress of work being executed.
- Refer to visual boards in the workshop listing daily work scope and weekly KPI's.
- Review completed WO's to ensure that the Trades people record actual time worked on the WO. Compare to time planned and addressed significant variances.
- Conduct a pre-check of tools, equipment, kitted and staged parts, and materials on all planned and scheduled jobs
- Ensure that parts and machine assemblies removed from service are promptly sent for repair/rebuild if required.
- Ensure constant use of housekeeping practices, satisfying all safety requirements, to clean up the work site as part of every job. Workplace safety assessments are used regularly.
- Schedule overtime or contract work as needed and manage contractors, while respecting budgetary limits.
- Verify/ensure accuracy and completeness of WO documentation before sending to Planner and list issues to address.
- Provide technical assistance in analyzing planned and completed WO to improve current and future job plans.
- Identify and address knowledge gaps from completed WOs,
- Responsible for the application of the site's documented Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) process and results for major sporadic and chronic failures.
- Review Trades skills annually and develop a training plan to resolve gaps.
- Responsible for applying defined roles and responsibilities for Trades.
- Responsible for the Maintenance Supervisor cross shift hand-over process.
- Cooperatively create equipment handover and release schedules with Operations including pre and post job communication.
- Oversee the return of spares to the warehouse.
- Participate in the Maintenance department's continuous improvement and knowledge collection efforts.
- Manage the mentor/apprentice program for specific Trades roles.
- Collect, track, and improve Maintenance execution KPIs.
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering or a combination of 15 years of progressive manufacturing operations, equipment/system commissioning/verification knowledge and project execution.
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Bachelor of Science or Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology, or a combination of 5 to 10 years of progressive, manufacturing maintenance supervisory experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, collaboration with training and development skills
- The ability to lead large groups of industrial maintenance technicians with different background skills sets across multiple shifts
- Experience in developing and incorporating Predictive, Preventative and Proactive maintenance requirements for equipment asset systems within an industrial maintenance environment
- The ability to apply procedures and best practices to be implemented in a CMMS Reliability Maintenance Program
- Technically proficient with MRO Inventory stores, industrial electricity, PLC, Motor Controls, Pneumatics, Mechanical apertures and automated processing equipment
- Familiar with Condition Based Monitoring equipment and field devices
- Knowledge of OHSA Safety practices, standards and regulations