A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
National Sales Director - Plant Based Meat
We have an exciting ground floor sales opportunity with tremendous upside potential. The successful candidate will play a key role in launching a new plant based brand in the meat category, complementing our current, industry leading brands across Natural and Conventional Retail. Qualified candidates will be outgoing, fast paced, charismatic, and fiery sales professionals ready to take on a new challenge. In this role you will identify and secure new retail and business throughout the U.S. and assist sell in with Sales team for growing ACV and penetrating new customers. This position will report direct to Head of Sales for Canada and US and be instrumental in driving insights and strategic blueprint to gain revenue and share in plant based meat. How we win and map out new ACV gains will be key to success for this important role in the category and rocket growth to new levels.
This position can be based anywhere in the continental U.S. with proximity to major airport.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Drive immediate sales results, marketing and selling our amazing Light life and Field Roast brand products to retail customers.
- Lead B2B sales meetings, delivering presentations to retail executives and customers.
- Strategically target new leads and leverage current distribution through your relationships and network in retail along with targets for distributors, and other potential customers.
- Coordinate product promotional initiatives and on shelf activation for bringing plant based to shopper attention
- Develop and nurture private label plant based meat options as profitable P/L metrics to strengthen customer relationships and scope of business.
- Cross functional skills in working across finance, marketing, and shopper marketing to bring best in class in store merchandising and customer pull
What we have to offer you:
- 7+ years of successful sales experience (B2C, B2B, Business to Distributor), with meat product sales experience an absolute must.
- Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Limited travel at the moment. Post pandemic, expect travel of up to 50% of the time.
- 4 year degree
- High degree of accountability and track record of winning in market
- Innovation speed to launch adoption principle
- Executive presence to influence Buyers and internal stakeholders with in depth understanding of meat category
- Self-motivated and engaging in a fast-paced and action-oriented environment.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with senior management, the Board and the team.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Welfare plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees