The Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for effectively supervising and controlling the
cleaning and sanitation of processing equipment, utensils and the entire plant environment.
You will guide and direct Sanitation employees as the production facility is disassembled,
cleaned, sanitized and reassembled in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and
will audit the effectiveness of all sanitation activity on a daily basis.
- Ensure strict adherence to all company SSOPs – Sanitation Standard Operating procedures. Assist in updating and verification of all SSOPs.
- Responsible for the operation of the sanitation system, specifically the central foamers, sanitizer systems, water and pressure systems.
- Maintain and order all chemicals, PPE, and other consumables used at the facility.
- Titrate chemicals on a per shift basis to ensure standards are met.
- Manage and train all sanitation staff ensuring competency of sanitation procedures as directed by Corporate Sanitation Program.
- Ensure that all hairnet, paper towels and hand soap is always stocked in appropriate areas.
- Manage, motivate and provide direct leadership to the sanitation employees.
- Perform pre-op inspection along side Q.A. and correct deviations as needed.
- Manage and directs Janitors ensuring that all non-production areas are properly cleaned and monitored.
- Focus and implement cost savings potentials.
- Responsible for maintaining all outside grounds and trash areas.
- Support and execute the company’s food safety programs in conjunction with Quality Assurance, microbiology and food safety.
- Provide input of sanitation performance across the company.
- Ensure sanitation area is clean and uncluttered, avoid large build up of pans and dishes to be cleaned.
- Responsible for correct usage of all cleaning chemicals including labelling and storage.
- Document management.
- Submit work orders for the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining EMP and TPC levels.
- Responsible for managing post construction cleanup.
- Actively supervise sanitation staff during overnight hours.
- Maintain positive relationships with employees.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with OSHA
- Responsible for the account and action plan of sanitation audits both external and internal.
- Supervise weekly COVID-19 clean-up as well as mitigation.
- Complete weekly master sanitation schedule.
- Execute corrective actions for all deficiencies in the Sanitation Department.
- Relevant Certificate or Associates degree is preferred or combination of relevant experience, skills and education
- Minimum 3 years of sanitation experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry
- 2 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of cleaning systems (CIP, COP) and chemical cleaning training.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, WHMIS, First Aid, Lock/Tag Out, Health and Safety Regulations, and all of their applicable requisites.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Experience supervising teams with little to no English.
- Detail and results oriented
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with SAP a plus.
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and weekends
- Able to work in cold, hot, humid or wet manufacturing environment, work with chemicals and stand/walk a lot