A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist.
You are an enthusiastic relationship builder with a strong passion for finding top talent. You are a natural at attracting talented diverse applicants through creative ways across social media and professional networks. You are able to connect the value you have as a trusted business partner and understand the importance in maintaining your creditability. Your approach is collaborative with a strong sense of urgency. You thrive in an environment where you are empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results. You proactively seek new opportunities to look outside the box and make continuous improvements along the way.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Manage the hiring process from start to finish ensuring approved processes and standards are followed and ensuring that Greenleaf Foods values and culture are embedded into each step
- Effectively communicate Greenleaf Foods employer value proposition
- Ensure that newly posted roles adhere to Greenleaf Foods organizational design principles and advise on areas of concern
- Conduct Kick off meetings with hiring managers for all vacant roles
- Partner with leaders and hiring teams to understand staffing requirements and create sourcing attraction and hiring strategies to bring the best talent to each vacancy
- Strategically and creatively source tough to find passive candidates for current and future roles
- Provide standardized weekly updates to hiring managers
- Maintain contact with candidates in the pipeline (both internal and external) to either ensure interest and/or up to date information
- Maintain a strategic internal candidate and position list from talent management practices
- Conduct all screening interviews with pre-qualified candidates and manage all internal screens
- Lead and support Hiring Managers in conducting all behaviour based 1st round interviews
- Provide hiring recommendations based on expertise within assigned functional area and other objectives collected throughout the interview process
- Occasional travel to various locations to meet with candidates and/or Hiring Managers
- Other recruitment related activities and projects as needed
What you will bring:
- Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
- 401K plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in HR studies or business-related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive recruiting experience, a combination of corporate and agency experience is ideal
- Previous manufacturing recruitment experience is an asset
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of success in labour market research and candidate generation
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex recruitment portfolios
- Demonstrated ability to execute in person, internet and telephone-based research; ability to extract information from executives and all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills along with solid influencing and negotiating capabilities
- Proficiency in behaviour based interviewing
- A strategic thinker who can interpret business direction/needs and realign/refine/develop sourcing strategies and tactics
- Strong working knowledge of ATS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with broadly defined policies and practices to identify best method/approach and final recommendation for hiring