A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The Human Resources Generalist will provide HR guidance and leadership as well as execute HR initiatives in our fast paced, growth-oriented food manufacturing plant. You will provide generalist support in areas such as employee engagement, professional development and training, recruitment, HR processes, and performance management. You will work collaboratively with the HR Manager and Payroll Coordinator to build the HR function ensuring alignment with the Company’s business objectives.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Establish and maintain credibility with all employees by addressing, following up and responding to questions, concerns and problems quickly, professionally and accurately
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Responsible for leading and implementing the hiring activities for the hourly staff – recruitment/prescreening/selection
- Develop and lead the orientation and onboarding processes for both hourly and salaried to support retention initiatives
- Provide leadership in employee engagement initiatives
- Develop and administer HR training utilizing the Alchemy system.
- Partner with other departments to identify training and development opportunities
- Execute organizational development and change management initiatives
- Support systems activities related to the Human Resources Management System (SAP), payroll (Kronos), benefits (Navigator), and training (Alchemy).
- Ensure personnel files and documentation are complete and are in accordance with Federal and State laws
- Ensure people movement (new hires, voluntary and involuntary terminations, promotions, transfers etc.) is accurately executed in SAP
- Maximize use of available data to uncover trends and improve people metrics
- Participate on projects to improve service and/or efficiencies
What you will bring:
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 5 years HR and/or related experience
- Knowledge of HR trends, practices, and legislation
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) and influencing skills
- Ability to build and leverage relationships
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success coaching managers on complex HR issues
- Excellent presentation and facilitation
- Strong problem solving, initiative and teamwork skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment -including coaching others through change
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred