A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Key Account Manager – (Natural Channel)
The Key Account Manager will work directly with retail customers in the natural channel and will have a deep understanding of both retailer and manufacturer strategies. They will be the business and strategy owner for select natural retailers nationwide, as well as provide team support on critical distributor and broker initiatives. This sales professional will be expected to deliver consistent experiences and outcomes- all while driving the Business Planning process and working closely with cross-functional business partners. Must exhibit the drive and skills to improve key growth metrics based on analysis of promotion, spending, and volume (forecasts and actuals). The individual will have strong influence on Greenleaf’s natural channel strategy through base volume forecasts, item distribution, promotional planning and innovation.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Coordinate with retailers and internal cross-functional partners to develop and execute business plans
- Build and manage strategic plans for designated natural retail chains
- Manage account specific activation and budget control across customer base
- Align on strategy and plan with region broker managers; work closely with broker support network to drive success across retail portfolio
- Engage with internal partners across Business Planning and Analytics to support Cat/Line reviews, NI presentations, etc.
- Effective trade fund management and visibility partnering with Finance team
- Align w/Insights lead and be guided by insights specific to Category/Brand, Consumer/Shopper, Channel/Retail dimensions
- Work with syndicated/other data sources to both manage and inform strategic and tactical trade plans
- Ad-hoc financial and data analysis, including pre/post event analysis
What we have to offer you:
- Develop customer level distribution and merchandising targets with supporting insights and merchandising activation plans for each key initiative
- Attend customer sales calls, customer trade shows, and other key events as direct representative for Greenleaf; support on broker-led calls where appropriate
- Ensure customer plans are built and maintained in trade planning system and forecasting accuracy is both developed and managed
What you will bring:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience working in sales or related field in account management; natural channel experience (and specifically, Sprouts experience) preferred
- Experience working with broker network and/or overseeing complex communication structures pertaining to retail execution
- Ability to work independently out of a home office and on the road, including willingness to travel up to 30%
- Passion for developing, executing and managing sales plans that are designed to increase sales, profits and market share while minimizing expenses.
- Extremely proficient in computer software applications including the full suite of Microsoft Office Products
- Must have strong creative, analytic, critical thinking, decision-making and presentation skills
- Self-starter - accountable, responsible, disciplined, and action-oriented - demonstrates a hunger for success and strong ability to lead/manage communication