A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
- 1st & 2nd Shift
Production Supervisors lead and coordinate their team in the production of our products. They are responsible for the efficiency and productivity of their shift while ensuring the quality and safety of our food products. They organize production workflow in alignment with the Company’s safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Shift Supervisors are accountable for the safety of our employees, their training and ongoing development while maintaining the harmony of their team.
- Work closely with the team members to deliver winning results to meet both daily and weekly production schedules
- Organize workflow and ensures that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Communicates daily with their team on all important Company information
- Produce daily shift reports and achieves a high-level of accuracy with all paperwork and sign-off reports
- Monitor employee productivity and provides constructive feedback and coaching
- Operate with a focus on safety first and ensures all employees follow the company’s safety, GMP, SOP policies
- Complies with established food safety standards and partners respectfully with all cross-functional teams (FSQA, Safety, Maintenance, and HR)
- Report any equipment issues to Shift Managers and Maintenance as it occurs
- Train new employees and set them up for success on day one and provide coaching to employees who require additional training and support
- Foster positive employee relations by treating all employees with respect, listen to their concerns and provide a timely response where needed
- Communicate expectations with their team regularly and holds them accountable
- Check timekeeping records daily to ensure accuracy and manages team’s time off requests
- Ensures adherence to legal and Company policies and procedures and works with Management and HR to undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
- 2 years of experience in food manufacturing
- 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Associates degree preferred
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and organized, able to prioritize multiple requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems, experience with SAP preferred
- Passion for coaching people, building teams and improving performance
- Experience working with employees with limited English
- Experience with tough conversations, counseling employees, and resolving conflicts
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Ability to work on your feet for 6-8 hours per day in both cold and hot environments
- Must be able to bend, squat, and lift up to 50lb