Sr. Shift Supervisor - 1st & 2nd Shift
Time Management Expectations:
The Sr. Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading our Shift Supervisors and their teams in meeting our production goals while ensuring the quality and safety of our food products. Their focus is on operational excellence while enforcing strict adherence to the Company’s safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) at all levels. Shift Managers are accountable for the progress of products throughout the production chain, resolving issues, and providing strong leadership and communication to ensure production goals are met or exceeded.
60% Tactical: working on the floor supervising employees
40% Strategic: performing administrative tasks and attending meetings
- Works with the Shift Supervisors to produce all products spec’d on the daily production schedule.
- Ensures that Shift Supervisors are organizing their workflow effectively and efficiently.
- Manages resources accordingly to achieve the Company’s targets, ensuring daily and weekly production levels are met.
- Sets goals for performance and deadlines to comply with Company’s plan and vision and communicates them to their team.
- Communicates daily with their team on all important Company information.
- Takes responsibility to solve problems, troubleshoot, make suggestions, and help resolve production issues as they occur.
- Works with all departments to ensure continuous supply of products throughout the process chain.
- Works with warehouse and shipping managers to ensure on-time deliveries, organization of warehouses and transfer of products.
- Completes reporting as required by Shift Manager.
- Ensures dating, labeling and packaging are all in accordance with company requirements and performs regular inspections.
- Completes pre-op and post-op reports as necessary.
- Achieves a high-level of accuracy with all paperwork and sign-off reports.
- Supports QA department in driving food safety and ensuring their teams are adhering to GMP’s and are completing their required reporting.
- Works with Maintenance department to ensure minimal downtime.
- Constantly looking for ways to increase efficiencies and improve the workflow and practices.
- Assists the Shift Supervisors with employee productivity and provides constructive feedback and coaching.
- Resolves employee disputes and conflicts as well as celebrating employee achievements and successes.
- Serves as a role model for their teams on attendance and a strict adherence to quality and safety standards.
- Holds their teams accountable to following the company’s safety, GMP, SOP policies at all times.
- Operates with a focus on safety first.
- Supports the Shift Supervisors with training new employees and evaluating their development.
- Coaches Shift Supervisors on holding their team accountable and supporting their development.
- Communicates expectations with their team regularly and holds them accountable.
- Prepares and submits performance reviews and works with Production Manager to decide on reward and promotion based on performance and attendance.
- Ensures adherence to legal and Company policies and procedures and works with Management and HR to undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
- 3+ years of experience in food manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Can prioritize multiple requests and use good judgement in meeting those requests
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- Ability to keep track of the details without losing focus of the big picture
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems
- Passion for coaching people, building teams and improving performance
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment where English is a second language
- Experience with tough conversations, counseling employees, and resolving conflicts
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Ability to work on your feet for 6-8 hours per day in both cold and hot environments
- Must be able to bend, squat, and lift up to 50lb
- All products are made 100% correctly and accurately
- Daily production assignment completed by end of shift
- All data is collected correctly
- All GMPs, SOPs, SSOPs, and safety procedures are followed
- Company policies for breaks, meals, time clock use, time off approval, attendance and dress code are adhered to
- New hires are trained thoroughly
- Safety Record: no accidents and/or near misses.
- Shift harmony is maintained –disagreements and arguments are resolved as they occur
- Conversations are documented: verbally and written
- All Performance Reviews are completed within 1 month of their due date.