A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
FSQA Technician (1st
As a member of the facility's FSQA team, the FSQA Technician spends a majority of his/her time on the production floor monitoring Food Safety, GMP, HACCP and other Quality Assurance Program requirements to ensure they are consistently achieved. Operating with a sense of urgency, the Technician is responsible for initiating immediate corrective actions wherever possible and escalating FSQA concerns as required. The Technician must be comfortable respectfully challenging others in a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Perform and/or assist in daily quality and food safety related decision making based on established processes to ensure products meet the quality standards and food safety requirements of Maple Leaf Foods and its customers.
- Perform daily monitoring and verification tasks as outlined in the HACCP program and recommend corrective actions for deviations.
- Provide support and coaching to employees and production management to maintain and improve facility QA practices and procedures.
- Prepare sensory samples and participates in sensory evaluations.
- Perform data entry and data analysis tasks.
- Perform microbiological and analytical sampling for product and environment as required.
- Participate in projects and meetings with the goal of improving food safety and food quality.
- Assist in the implementation of changes that advance QA systems and/or programs.
- Conduct product audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- 401K with company match
- Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Paid Vacation and sick leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) Access
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- BS or AS Degree, preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline.
- Previous experience in a food related technical role.
- Understanding of Sanitation, SOPs, HACCP, CCP’s and GMP’s.
- Intermediate systems skills (including MS Office).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Interest and willingness to learn and teach others.
- Demonstrated alignment to the Maple Leaf Leadership Values.