A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The Financial Analyst (FA) assists in coordinating the financial reporting and analysis activities for Field Roast operations. This position works closely with operations to accurately reflect the results, ensure internal controls are in place and monitored, and provide expertise and support.
- Prepare daily and weekly performance scorecards
- Investigate variances, determine root causes, and recommend actions to minimize
- Provide support for managing overhead costs to departmental managers
- Understand cost drivers and provide analytics to assist management
- Conduct self-audits to ensure inventory controls are accurately followed
- Coordinate period end inventory counts, investigate & provide explanations for variances that occur
- Assist in the monthly forecast updates and the annual overhead budgeting process
- Play a key role in the period end close ensuring accounting entries are accurate and timely
- Provide leadership in formulating reports (both recurring and ad-hoc) supporting plant continuous improvement projects
- Train the operations leadership team to leverage the existing reporting tools to more accurately record product costs
- Conduct the annual review of Bill of Materials (BOM) and labor standards
- Collaborate with Finance Manager on special projects as assigned
- Create, implement, and maintain new business processes to streamline and improve financial reporting
- Coordinate the exception management process for plant related AP transactional issues
- Assist with new vendor set up and credit applications
- Ensure that critical weekly and monthly deadlines are met and provide accurate and timely reporting
- Responsible for all licensing and reporting requirements and renewals for City, State and Federal entities
- Develop and maintain organization and storage of all financial files, both physical and digital
- Minimum 2-year degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Experience in food manufacturing is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office in general with advanced skills in Excel
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP system is an asset
- The ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team