Electrical & Instrumentation Technician - 1st Shift
Greenleaf Foods has an immediate opening for an E & I Technician to perform electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities and projects at our Turners Falls facility. Skilled in the fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, adjustment and repair of electronic, electro-mechanical, and pneumatic control circuits and systems. These systems are used to record, indicate, and control the operation of various machines, including process measurement and control instrumentation.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical components of industrial equipment.
- VFD controls, Speed controls & motor drive troubleshooting/ repair experience.
- Work as a team member or alone to complete projects.
- Observe safety procedures and meet electrical codes.
- Make decisions based on technical documents.
- Calibrate and maintain circuitry.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams.
- Read and interpret specifications and blueprints
- Install, service and repair conduits, wiring, and fixtures.
- Conduct electronic inspections and tests.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical components.
- Work with programmable logic/automation controls.
What you will bring:
- 401k with company match
- Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Paid Vacation and sick leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) Access
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Journeyman experience Minimum 2 years, License preferred
- Industrial Equipment Troubleshooting & repairing experience, Minimum 2 years.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment.
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and regulations.
- Familiarity with network cable Installation, CAT 5 / 6 and Termination.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, such as lift heavy objects, climbing ladders, crawling, etc.
- Knowledge of SAP work order and CMMS system to perform daily task & requests.
- Basic computer knowledge, Microsoft windows, outlook, searching parts on web.
- Knowledgeable in sourcing required parts and to provide needed details for purchasing.
- Motivated self-starter who can manage projects and make decisions.
- Electro Mechanical Troubleshooting experience & repairs.
- Manage projects to upgrade existing equipment and new Installations.
Who we are:
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Greenleaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.