A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Director, Retail Sales -Whole Foods/Natural Channel
In this role, the qualified candidate will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow profitable revenues at Whole Foods & the be the voice for our Natural Channel. The candidate will have personal accountability for developing relationships at Whole Foods and building long term strategic vision to be best in class supplier. If you understand meaning of great customer relationships, can build clear path to shelf with products and innovation, and ability to build strategic plans that deliver results - than we need you on our team!
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Will work cross functionally with marketing, category management, finance, supply chain, and other functional departments as required.
- Leads and develops customer Annual Operating Plans to deliver Gross sales, Net Revenue, Share, Executional KPIs, and sales targets for the PBP meat, produce, and frozen categories.
- Develop deep understanding of customer strategy and build relationships with customers at senior level and Greenleaf stakeholders.
- Build and execute a Joint Business Plan along with Quarterly Top to Top Sessions at Whole Foods
- Hold Innovation summits to showcase partnership and importance of Whole Foods to organization and Greenleaf Product Development
- Build and maintain knowledge base of competitor and consumer trends in the marketplace and make strategic recommendations.
- Build a strategic plan for top line growth without compromising profit margins.
- Deliver established objective for sales and distribution.
- Ensures implementation and adherence to initiatives working with Broker and direct selling.
- Key component will be to improve and expand product assortment and maximize our portfolio across Whole Foods with best in class performance and POG
- Execute Category management processes and drive joint business planning with strategic customers.
- Utilize data to identify insights and take action to increase sales volumes.
- Hire, education, and manage broker/distributor sales team.
- Development and accountability of account promotional plans and execution.
- Timely, accurate and detailed preparation of forecasts required reports and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President, Sales and the marketing team to develop cohesive sales strategies that maximize business opportunities. Whole Foods specific marketing calendar that delivers partnership with customer and internal alignment
What you will bring:
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A minimum of 8+ years in sales and sales management of consumer products within the natural space
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Established and proven track record of working in sales and sales management positions that lead to growth in revenues, improved profitability, increased market share and greater customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead efforts to exceed targeted sales objectives through his/her own individual efforts and through effectively managing and motivating a broker/distributor sales network.
- Ability to work independently out of a home office and on the road, including willingness to travel up to 40%.
- Passion for developing, executing and managing sales plans that are designed to increase sales, profits and market share with keen eye on trade spend balance
- Strong ability to work within and be successful in a highly matrixed environment
- Extremely proficient in computer software applications including the full suite of Microsoft Office Products.
- Innate curiosity and drive to not only understand the business but to improve on what has already been set up; willing to challenge both internal and external stakeholders on how to make things better
- Must have strong creative, analytic, critical thinking, decision-making, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, accountable, responsible, disciplined and action oriented, demonstrates a hunger for success and Natural Foods segment
- Working with a unified group of passionate team members that are driven by healthy food that tastes good and fuels your body
- Have executed Blueprint of Joint Business Planning and Innovation summits with brands and customer involvement